Tài liệu The role of trust in financial sector development

Thảo luận trong 'Tài Chính - Ngân Hàng' bắt đầu bởi Thúy Viết Bài, 5/12/13.

1. Thúy Viết Bài

Thành viên vàng

Bài viết:
    Được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Xu:
    0Xu
    The role of trust in financial sector development

by

Biagio Bossone

World Bank

Summary

In a decentralized-decisions economic environment, agents consider the risk that others
    might unfairly exploit informational asymmetries to their own advantage. Incomplete trust,
    affects, in particular, financial transactions whereby agents trade current real claims for promises
    of future real claims. Agents thus invest considerable resources to assess the trustworthiness of
    others with whom they know they can interact only under conditions of limited and
    asymmetrically distributed information, and to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
    This study analyzes how incomplete trust shapes transaction costs in trading assets, and how it
    affects intertemporal resource allocation and asset pricing decisions from rational, forward-
    looking agents. The analysis leads to some core propositions on the role of finance and financial
    efficiency for economic development. The study identifies policies for financial sector reforms in
    emerging economies, aimed to improve the efficiency of the financial system in dealing with
    incomplete trust.

I wish to thank J. Caprio, P. Honohan, M. Ghirga , and C. Schioppa for their helpful comments on
    previous versions of this work. Of course, I remain the only responsible for any errors and the
    opinions expressed in the text, which do not necessarily reflect those of the World Bank. As usual,
    and more than usual, I owe profound gratitude to my wife Ornella for her support.

Các file đính kèm:

Đang tải...