Luận Văn Sumary of the book 5 Steps to Speak A Language

Thảo luận trong 'Ngôn Ngữ Học' bắt đầu bởi Thúy Viết Bài, 5/12/13.

1. Thúy Viết Bài

Thành viên vàng

Bài viết:
    Được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Xu:
    0Xu
    Contents
    Abstract 3
    Introduction 4
    Things you should know before starting 5
    Pareto Principle and Core Vocabulary 9
    Build a Natural Language Acquiring Mechanism 12
    1st Input : The Free Reading Technique 16
    2nd Input : The Sound – Mapping Technique 20
    Writing – a Great Tool 28
    Develop Your Speaking Skills 31
    Polish Your Pronunciation 37
    Viewing Grammar From Another Aspect 41
    Conclusion 44
    REFERENCES 44

Abstract
    Peaking a new language is something a lot of people have always dreamed of. They want it
    for various reasons. For those who are living in my country Vietnam, being able to speak English
    well could dramatically change their career prospects. For kids born in the US but having parents
    who cannot speak English well, learning their mother tongue could bring the family closer. Well,
    we all know that to be a successful person, we must learn on or more foeign languages gor
    communicating with people around the world. So In this paper, I will sumarize the book “5 Steps
    to Speak A New Language”, written by Hung Quang Pham, a book that I think it’s really helpful to
    master a new language. In the following part, we will discuss some new techniques to learn a new
    language in an efficient way. Those are Core Vocabulary, Learning Natural Language Machanism,
    Free Reading, Sound Mapping, Writing, Pronunciation as well as Gramamar. All will be revealed,
    all you have to do is choose the best way for you to learn a new language.

Introduction
    Hung Quang Pham (Phạm Quang Hưng in Vietnamese) is
    born in Vietnam. Het got BCs degrees in Bussiness Administrating
    from University of Washington DC, USA. He had worked for
    Jerman Rose Consulting. Since 12 June 2012, he left Jerman Rose
    Consulting for focus on developing Hung Pham Academy, his own
    Academy.
    In this paper, I will sumarize main ideas from Hung Quang
    Pham’s book, “5 Steps to Speak A New Language”. The book is
    written in the form “story telling” & “dialoging”; so, in order to
    preserve the meaning of the contents, in following section, the pronoun “I” is to refer to Hung
    Quang Pham, author of the book. So don’t be confused, remember that you will be reading Hung
    Quang Pham’s book. All I’ve done is getting his main ideas and delivering it to you.

CHAPTER ONE :
    Things you should know before starting
    “If you want to shine tomorrow,you need to sparkle today.”
    - HUNG Q. PHAM
    Every player has a warm-up session before entering a game. We are going to do the same.
    In this next section, we are going to talk about some common myths about learning a new
    language. You will see that although learning a foreign language is not an easy task, you absolutely
    can master it if you know how.
    The Myths
    I am not born to learn a foreign language.
    Most people believe that to learn a new language requires talent of some kind. What we
    have usually heard from our parents is: “My son has a great talent in foreign language” or the
    reverse
    “My son is no good in foreign languages”. I hope you are lucky enough to hear the first
    comment as it could give you huge confidence and boost your learning efforts. If you got the latter
    one, you might believe it and give up after your very first attempt. A foreign language is also called
    a second language. Let me ask you a question: haven’t you been successful with your first
    language? And if you were able to learn the first one, why can’t you learn a second one?
    The bottom line is that your belief matters.
    I am too old to learn a new language
    This is one of the most common complaints I have been hearing from my students and
    friends. Many people, including scientists, believe that kids are better at learning a foreign
    language than adults. They also believe adults cannot absorb a new language anymore. It is true
    that kids seem to adapt more quickly with a new language environment. Many reports support
    that idea.
    Steve Kaufmann is an American linguist; he can speak nine languages (by now, he may have
    learned a few more). And he started learning his ninth language when he was 59 years old.
    It is not about how old you are; it is about how old you think you are.
    Learning a new language is a long journey. It might take your whole
    life to learn one.
    If it takes your whole life to learn a new language, how many lives do you think Steve
    Kaufmann or others who can speak four or five languages had? In fact, many people, including me,
    have been learning a new language for quite a long time but never focused on it. When it comes to
    learning a foreign language, being focused is the key. If you focus in the right manner, you can
    achieve mastery in a short period of time.
    I must have a good teacher
    Some people tend to delay things; I call them “delayers”. They keep looking for good
    teachers even though they have no idea what a good teacher looks like. I think every teacher has
    his or her own strengths and weaknesses. The important thing is what you can learn from them,
    not what you cannot learn from them.
    You don’t need a very good teacher, but you DO need a good process.
    Only smart people can learn new languages
    It is true that when you meetsomeone who can speak one or more foreign languages, you
    feel that the person is smart.
    However, many studies show that it is learning a new language that boosts your IQ, which
    means learning a foreign language makes you smarter, not that you must be smart to learn a new
    language. This finding is quite interesting, isn’t it? If you are still concerned about how smart you
    are, the following findings might excite you.
    Research shows that our brain contains around 30 billion cells. Every time we absorb or
    analyze information, new connections are formed among these brain cells. These connections
    could disappear quickly or be retainedfor a long period of time depending upon how important
    the information is to you. It is not the number of cells that determine the level of your int elligence;
    it is the numberconnections that does. The number of connections increases as your brain works
    and decreases when you stop thinking or remembering things. If you do math to count the
    connections possible, it is unimaginable; it is almost unlimited! Tony Buzan, a well-known human
    brain expert, estimated that an ordinary person uses only around 3% to 8% of his or her brain
    capability. A person who is considered unintelligent could be using 2% of his or her capability.
    While those smart persons could be using only 10% their brain potential. It means no matter how
    much your IQ is at the moment, you are somewhere between 2% to 10%. If you are in a marathon,
    standing a few meters ahead of orbehind the starting line does not make much of a difference, but
    your continuous effort does. There is much room for improvement. If this is true, your next
    question is going to be how to be more intelligent?

Các file đính kèm:

Đang tải...