Luận Văn Strategies To Give An Effective Powerpoint Presentation

Thảo luận trong 'Ngôn Ngữ Học' bắt đầu bởi Thúy Viết Bài, 5/12/13.

1. Thúy Viết Bài

Thành viên vàng

Bài viết:
    Được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Xu:
    0Xu
    Strategies To Give An Effective Powerpoint Presentation
    TABLE OF CONTENTS

DECLARATION
    ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
    TABLE OF CONTENT

PART A: INTRODUCTION
    Rationale 1
    Aims of the study 2
    Scope of the study 2
    Method of the study 2
    Design of the study 3

PART B: DEVELOPMENT
    CHAPTER 1: LITERATURE REVIEW 4
    1.1 Definition of PowerPoint presentation 4
    1.2 The structure of a PowerPoint presentation 4
    1.3 Types of presentations 5
    1.3.1 Based on the presentation’s purpose 5
    1.3.2 Based on the presentation’s manner 6
    1.4 The importance of PowerPoint Presentation skill 6

CHAPTER 2: THE STUDY 9
    2.1 Survey on senior student’s habit of presenting 9
    2.1.1 The subjects 9
    2.1.2 Data collection 9
    2.1.3 Questionnaire 9
    2.2 The finding and discussion 10

CHAPTER 3: Strategies To Give An Effective Powerpoint Presentation 12
    3.1 Good content 13
    3.1.1 Determine the aims of the presentation 13
    3.1.2 Create an outline 15
    3.2 Good design 16
    3.2.1 Slide Structure 16
    3.2.2 Fonts 17
    3.2.2.1 Font types: 17
    3.2.2.2 Font size: 18
    3.2.3 Colors 20
    3.2.4 Background 21
    3.2.5 Charts 23
    3.3 Good delivery 26
    3.3.1 Audience’s attention 26
    3.3.2 Nonverbal language 29
    3.3.2.1 Gesture 29
    3.3.2.2 Eye contact 32
    3.3.2.3 Voice 34
    3.3.3 Signpost language. 36
    3.3.4 Rehearsal 38

PART C: CONCLUSION 40

REFERENCES 42
    APPENDIX 43

PART A: INTRODUCTION
    Rationale

We are living in a modern society where communication skill is indispensable. Among different communication skills is public speaking skill which probably is the most difficult one. Ability of giving a good presentation is extremely important for those who want to success. When you are still on the school-desk, you need presentation skill to discuss or argue some point of view with your classmate. When you are at work, in the future, you need this skill to report your work to your colleagues and manager, or introduce and sell some product to your customers. If you are manager, presentation skill is even much more necessary. It helps you to success in negotiating with your partners or inspiriting your staffs.

Together with technology development, MS PowerPoint program has also been developed. Today, it has become so popular. MS PowerPoint is a very strong tool supporting for presentations. A PowerPoint presentation delivers a message much more effectively than a normal oral presentation because it is a combination of words, pictures and sound.

However, it is not everyone can give an effective PowerPoint presentation. A person who is able to make a good oral presentation can make a bad PowerPoint presentation due to his design mistakes.

As a student at Faculty of English, Hanoi Open University, I have given several PowerPoint presentations before classmates and I have also been an audience for many times. I see that even when we are senior students, we still rarely make an effective PowerPoint presentation. Hence, in this study I would like to focus on finding difficulties which senior students often meet and common mistakes they often do.

“Some strategies to give an effective PowerPoint presentation for the 4th year student of English Faculty, Hanoi Open University” is a very helpful and interesting topic so I decided to choose it for my Graduation Paper.

Aims of the study

The objective of the work is to bring out some strategies which are helpful in giving an effective PowerPoint presentation for senior students of English Faculty, Hanoi Open University. There are many strategies for giving an effective PowerPoint Presentation but in this study, I would like to focus on finding what difficulties senior students usually meet and which mistakes they often do when giving a PowerPoint presentation, then bringing out some effective strategies to help students of English in general and the 4th year students of English at HOU in particular to overcome difficulties and avoid making mistakes.

My study focuses on 3 steps:

- Step 1: Overviews basic PowerPoint presentation knowledge.

- Step 2: Presents a survey to get what exactly students find hard and which mistakes they often do when giving a PowerPoint presentation.

- Step 3: Proposes effective ways of giving a PowerPoint presentation based on the result drawn from the survey.

Scope of the study

PowerPoint presentation is not a small field for research. Therefore, I would like to draw out some strategies of giving an effective PowerPoint presentation only. My research aimed at senior students at Faculty of English, Hanoi Open University.

Đang tải...