Sách Microscopy Techniques For Materials Science

Thảo luận trong 'Sách Ngoại Ngữ' bắt đầu bởi Thúy Viết Bài, 5/12/13.

1. Thúy Viết Bài

Thành viên vàng

Bài viết:
    Được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Xu:
    0Xu
    At last the book is finished – and I have now been asked to put my mind to the

Preface! It occurs to me that writing a Preface is a unique art form. Admittedly,

after limited research into Preface-writing, I propose, like innumerable authors

before me, to start with the usual whinge – yes, to paraphrase Mrs Beeton from

the Preface of her famous cookbook, if we had known ‘ . what courageous

efforts were needed to be made’, I am quite sure that we would never have

started this enterprise. However, it is clear that one of the sensible reasons for

co-authorship is that it has, at least, halved the agony for each of us.

In a sense, our book could be considered a kind of ‘cook-book’ – a cook-book

for any reader who is interested in image processing and microscopy as a means

to a materials science research end. Over the past two years, the original form of

the book, as previously discussed with Patricia Morrison in 1999, has changed

dramatically, but we hope, for the better. We have tried to minimise the

mathematics that underpins these topics, and have concentrated on the practical

issues (and pitfalls) one comes across when acquiring and analysing image data

using various microscopic and tomographic measurement techniques. We have

also made a real effort to expunge all spelling and grammatical faux pas and

believe that, scientifically, the equations are correct and the conclusions

presented (such as they are) are sound. In view of the speed of evolution in

microscopic measurement techniques, this book can only hope to be a snapshot

of the current situation and we suggest that readers follow the latest research

articles in journals like the Royal Microscopical Society’s Journal of

Microscopy to keep abreast of future developments. Also, you might like to

keep checking our Department of Physics and Astronomy website here at the

University of Leeds to see our latest 3D reconstructions

Các file đính kèm:

Đang tải...