Luận Văn Evaluation of existing algorithms scheduling for Real-Time service flows for WiMAX uplink

Thảo luận trong 'Viễn Thông' bắt đầu bởi Ác Niệm, 23/12/11.

1. Ác Niệm

Ác Niệm New Member

Bài viết:
    Được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Xu:
    0Xu
    Abstract

Nowadays, the demand for Internet broadband access is growing rapidly, which results in lots of new standards of accessing Internet broadband. Together with the increasing development of traditional wired broadband networks, wireless network access is expanding more and more. Wireless broadband access standard IEEE 802.16 came into existence as a result of this fact. IEEE 802.16 standards are established for Wireless Metropolitan Area Network- WMAN, however, the main part of 802.16 packet scheduling still remains unspecified. This thesis, thus, reviews analytical methods to evaluate the efficiency of real time system models with the use of single- server queue that have been used by many researchers. The service principle in the queue is EDF (Earliest Deadline First). Real-time jobs with exponentially distributed deadlines arrive according to a Poisson process, all jobs have deadlines until the end of service. The thesis also introduces a non-preemptive EDF scheduling algorithm and admission control for real-time polling services in WiMAX.

Acknowledgements

It has been an honor that I have had the chance to study in the field that I have been taught and interested in. It was obvious that I had to try my best to finish my work, but without the help of many people, this could not have been completed.
    Firstly, I would like to thank Prof. Dr. Nguyen Dinh Thong from the University of Technology, Sydney, for his helpful and enthusiastic instructions throughout the period of time that I worked on this thesis.
    I am also very grateful to Mr. Nguyen Quoc Tuan, M.E. of the Department of Telecommunications, College of Technology, Vietnam National University Hanoi, for his sincere help and providing the best setting within the time I studied and researched in the Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications.
    Next, I am very thankful to Dr. Nguyen Thi Minh Tam, Ms. Nguyen Hai Ha, B.A. and Ms. Tran Thanh Thu, B.A. from the College of Foreign Languages, Vietnam National University Hanoi, who have helped me correct the English of this thesis.

I would also like to thank all my teachers and peers that helped me during the time that I have spent here at the university.
    Last but not least, I also want to give my sincere thanks to my family who have constantly supported me during my four years studying far away from home.
    Hanoi, date month year 2008
    Nguyen Minh Khue

Tables of Contents

Tables of Contents 1
    Acknowledgements 4
    List of figures 4
    List of tables 5
    Glossary 6
    Acronyms 8
    Chapter 1. 11
    1.1 Quality of Service Fundamentals 12
    1.2 QoS in IEEE 802.16 14