Tài liệu Efficient core selection for multicast routing in mobile ad hoc networks

Thảo luận trong 'Ngôn Ngữ Học' bắt đầu bởi Thúy Viết Bài, 5/12/13.

1. Thúy Viết Bài

Thành viên vàng

Bài viết:
    Được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Xu:
    0Xu
    ĐỀ TÀI: EFFICIENT CORE SELECTION FOR MULTICAST ROUTING IN MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[TABLE=align: left]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD=colspan: 3, align: left][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD=align: left][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

ABSTRACT

There are many multicast routing protocols that use the notion of group-shared trees, for example: Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), Core-Based Tree. As constructing of a minimal-cost spanning tree to all members of the network is nearly impossible due to its excessive cost in terms of convergence time and network overhead, the core-based approach is chosen as a heuristic method to cope with multicast routing. The core node, which is also referred as center node or rendezvous point, is chosen from a selective group by different algorithm. However, most of protocols for core election in static networks are not suitable for mobile ad hoc network, since these algorithms require the knowledge of the whole network, the total number of nodes participating, the network topology, link state, Which are not available or too expensive to acquire in mobile ad hoc networks. There are many proposed protocol for multicast routing in mobile ad hoc networks, such as PUMA, ODMRP or MAODV. In those protocols, PUMA (Protocol for unified multicasting through announcements) has shown to outperform others. PUMA uses a single multicast announcement to establish and maintain the mesh. However, there is still a serious drawback, PUMA elects core by selecting the node with the highest ID and the core remains fixed afterwards. In this thesis, we present an improvement of PUMA by integrating an adaptive core selection mechanism into it. The result show that the new PUMA achieves higher packet delivery ratios, lower delivery times than the old one, while incurring only a little control overhead increment.

[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

ACKNOWLEDGMENT

This thesis would not have been possible without the support of many people.
    Firstly, I am heartily thankful to my supervisor, Dr. Dai Tho Nguyen, whose encouragement, guidance and support from the initial to the final step enabled me to develop a throughout understanding of the subject.
    I also would like to convey my thanks to the University of Technology and Engineering - Hanoi National University for providing me the knowledge and experience in these four years.
    Lastly, I offer my regards and gratitude to all of those who supported me in any respect during my studies.
    Binh Minh Nguyen
    Hanoi, May 2010

[TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

TABLE OF CONTENT

CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
    1.1 Overview
    1.2 Problem’s description
    1.3 Disposition
    CHAPTER 2: MULTICAST ROUTING
    2.1 Introduction
    2.2 Common mechanism
    2.3 Multicast routing in LAN
    2.3.1 IGMPv1
    2.3.2 IGMPv2
    2.4 Multicast Routing in Internet
    2.4.1 Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol (DVMRP)
    2.4.2 Multicast Open Shortest Path First (MOSPF)
    2.4.3 PIM
    2.5 Multicast routing in ad hoc networks
    2.5.1 Tree-based approaches
    2.5.2 Mesh-based approaches
    2.6 Conclusion
    CHAPTER 3: AN EFFICIENT AND ROBUST MULTICASTING ROUTING PROTOCOL FOR MANETS
    3.1 Introduction
    3.2 Core based model
    3.3 Message structures and connectivity list
    3.4 Mesh Organization
    3.5 Core election process
    3.6 Forwarding data packet
    3.7 Sequence Numbers Recycle
    3.8 Conclusion
    CHAPTER 4: AN ADAPTIVE CORE SELECTION BASED MULTICAST ROUTING PROTOCOL FOR MANETs
    4.1 Introduction
    4.2 Core-based multicast routing protocol
    4.3 Core-based Tree Multicast for MANET
    4.4 Properties of Centroids in Tree with Weights
    4.5 Core migration process
    4.6 Algorithm Outline
    4.7 Conclusion
    CHAPTER 5: OUR PROPOSITION AND RESULTS
    5.1 Motivation
    5.2 Protocol description
    5.3 Pseudo code
    5.4 Network Simulator 2 (NS2)