Tài liệu Ebook 200 cách cứu ổ cứng - Tiếng anh

Thảo luận trong 'Căn Bản' bắt đầu bởi Thúy Viết Bài, 5/12/13.

1. Thúy Viết Bài

Thành viên vàng

Bài viết:
    Được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Xu:
    0Xu
    200 ways to revive a hard drive

We based one of our most popular pop quiz challenges on a situation every tech support person has

faced or will face at least once: a failed hard drive. In that particular case, a Compaq Prolinea 4/66 user

was getting errors like disk 0 error and invalid drive specification. Here were the other facts in the

case:

· The data wasn't backed up.

· The problem came out of nowhere.

· The user had accessed Setup and tried to manually enter the settings for the drive type when Auto

didn't work.

· There was no startup disk made by this machine.

Reviving a drive like that one—even if only long enough to copy its data before you throw the drive in the

garbage—is a tough challenge. When I asked TechRepublic members how they would troubleshoot a

situation like this one, we received over 200 solutions, and we heard from a number of TechRepublic

members who wanted to know “what everybody else suggested.” So we decided to publish this collection

of over 200 ways to revive a hard drive.

In editing this document, we tried as much as possible to preserve the voices of the TechRepublic

members who submitted these solutions. Of course, as the legal blurb at the end of the document

declares, we can't promise that any of these tips will work in every setting. But we thought you'd enjoy

reading what your fellow IT professionals had to say on this subject. Enjoy!

How to revive a hard drive

Freeze it 2

Drop it 9

Hit it 10

The rest of the solutions 14

200 ways to revive a hard drive

Page 2

www.techrepublic.com

Freeze it

One trick I have learned as a technician, when the problem is data-read errors off the platters themselves,

is to freeze the hard drive overnight. It makes the data more 'readable,' but for a one-shot deal. If this

data is critical, and you have a replacement hard drive (which, if it's a drive failure, you probably do), then

you can hook up your frozen hard drive and immediately fetch the data off before it warms up.

If the problem is heat related, I put the drive in the freezer for about 15 minutes to cool it down .

sometimes this gets the drive up long enough to copy any critical files .

Put the drive in a waterproof sealed bag, put it in the fridge for an hour or so, then have another go.

Well, I won't start playing with your specific situation, too many steps or possible solutions where

everything starts If that last thing didn't work try .

But I'll give you one for free that was a nice hero moment for me. Had a drive where it sounded like the

drive motor was engaging but not getting anywhere, so we stuck it in the office freezer for an hour! I'll be

darned if it didn't work. The drive was up long enough to get the data ghosted to another drive and we

turfed it, even though it sounded fine at that point. I can't really take credit for it though—I had heard it in

some geek bull session but I thought it was some jedi-geek urban myth. Goes to show you that you know

you're really screwed when you say something to the effect of Okay, hold on tight, I'm gonna try

something I saw in a cartoon once but I'm pretty sure I can do it

Các file đính kèm:

Đang tải...