Tài liệu BIOPHYSICS - Edited by A.N. Misra

Thảo luận trong 'Y Khoa - Y Dược' bắt đầu bởi Thúy Viết Bài, 5/12/13.

1. Thúy Viết Bài

Thành viên vàng

Bài viết:
    Được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    Xu:
    0Xu
    BIOPHYSICS
    Edited by A.N. Misra

Contents
    Preface IX
    Chapter 1 Laser Correlation Spectroscopy:
    Nutritional, Ecological and Toxic Aspects 1
    M. Karganov, I. Alchinova, E. Arkhipova and A.V. Skalny
    Chapter 2 “Flow and Rate”: Concept and Clinical
    Applications of a New Hemodynamic Theory 17
    Sayed Nour
    Chapter 3 Microtools for Microsurgery of a
    Single Cell in Field of Cellular Engineering 77
    Vladimir A. Nikitin
    Chapter 4 An Interfacial Thermodynamics
    Model for Protein Stability 91
    Donald J. Jacobs
    Chapter 5 Recent Developments in the Study of
    the Behavior of Fluorescent Membrane
    Probes in Lipid Bilayers: Molecular
    Dynamics Approach 133
    Luís M.S. Loura, A.J. Palace Carvalho
    and J.P. Prates Ramalho
    Chapter 6 Thermoluminescence in Chloroplast Thylakoid 155
    Amarendra Narayan Misra,
    Meena Misra and Ranjeet Singh
    Chapter 7 Chlorophyll Fluorescence in Plant Biology 171
    Amarendra Narayan Misra,
    Meena Misra and Ranjeet Singh
    Chapter 8 Electromagnetic Radiation and Life:
    Bioelementological Point of View 193
    A.Kh. Tambiev and A.V. Skalny

Dedicated to my parents Dr. Sachidananda Misra and Mrs. Sailabala Misra.

Preface
    Biophysics is a vast cross-disciplinary subject encompassing the fields of biology,
    physics and computational biology etc in microbes, plants, animals and human
    being. Wide array of subjects from molecular, physiological and structural are
    covered in this book. Most of these chapters are oriented toward new techniques or
    the application of techniques in the novel fields. The contributions from scientists
    and experts from different continents and countries focuss on major aspects of
    biophysics. The book covers a wide range of topics reflecting the complexity of the
    biological systems.
    Although the field of biophysics is ever emerging and innovative, the recent topics
    covered in this book are contemporary and application-oriented in the field of
    biology, agriculture, and medicine. This book contains mainly reviews of
    photobiology, molecular motors, medical biophysics such as micotools and
    hoemodynamic theory.
    Topics on Photobiology deal with Electromagnetic radiation and life: bioelementological
    point of view; Laser correlation spectroscopy approach to bioelementology problems:
    nutritional, ecological and toxic aspects; Chlorophyll fluorescence in plant biology,
    Thermoluminescence in chloroplast thylakoid. Topics on biotechnology and medical
    biophysics deal with molecular motors, micotools and application of hoemodynamic
    theory in mechanical cardiac assist devices.
    Sun is the main source of electromagnetic radiation on earth that sustains life that
    has practical application in various fields: medicine, biology, agriculture and
    biotechnology.
    The organization and structure/function relationships of biomembranes area represent
    substantial number of biochemical and biophysics probes. Fluorescence techniques are
    frequently used as a tools to characterize the structure and dynamics of
    biomembranes. However, a novel computer simulation method for the study of
    molecular dynamics (MD) of membranes for atomic-scale information using
    fluorescent membrane probes is described. The chapters on chlorophyll fluorescence
    X Preface
    in plant biology and thermoluminescence in chloroplast thylakoid deal with the
    aspects of theory, technique and applications in biomembranes.
    Bioelements are building blocks of life and physical-chemical principles regulate all
    the elemental behavior for the life processes to continue in the living system.
    Interesting introductory chapter describes how this phenomenon ios regulated by light
    and explains the method of laser correlation spectroscopy that measures this
    phenomenon in a living system.
    Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) is biopolymer produced by various microbes. In this
    book the authors have projected luminous bacteria as a novel potential PHA producer.
    That can be greatly used in biotechnology.
    Energetics of biomolecular machines or molecular motors, is calculated in the chapter
    for Molecular Motors by calculating flux and free energy. This is used for predicting
    the conformational transitions and the extent to which the power stroke and the
    thermal ratchet mechanisms that take part in the molecular motor motion.
    Nowdays microtools are used in microsurgery of single cells and microscopic things
    such as cells or organelles. Microsurgery of a single cell, replacing its elements, the
    introduction of foreign genetic material makes this area of medicine, agriculture, basic
    and experimental biology especially relevant. Appearance in the hands of
    microsurgeon of a single cell of the new microtools that have the ability of active
    interference in functioning of the cell without causing a significant damage to it have
    changed the experimental biology.
    Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) still cause the highest mortality in developed
    countries. Recently, congestive heart failure (CHF) was defined by the NIH as the new
    epidemic in USA with 5 millions new cases per year. Mechanical cardiac assist devices
    (CAD) are currently indicated for CHF patients. “Flow and Rate”: Concept and clinical
    applications of a new hemodynamic theory deals with transplantation problems and
    how to overcome them.
    I would like to express my sincere thanks to the authors around the world for their
    excellent contributions to the book. I hope that the book will enhance the knowledge
    and give an insight into the present problems in biophysics. I express my appreciation
    to all the authors of this book.
    Last but not the least, I express sincere thanks to my daughter Eva, son Rishi, sonin-
    law Divya and my granddaughter Diksha for their love, affection,
    encouragements and assistance during the preparation of this book which gave me
    immense inspiration for devoting my time and energy to this work. My parents,
    brothers and sisters and their family members have been a constant source of
    encouragement for my work and endeavours. I am indebted to them. There is none
    but my teachers at all levels who contributed to my knowledge and have been a
    perpetual source of aspiration for all constructive academic work, that I have ever
    done in any sphere of my life. I owe them this piece of work and dedicate this book
    to them.
    The assistance of InTech team is admirable and is willfully acknowledged.
    Prof. Dr. A.N. Misra
    Post-Graduate Department of Biosciences & Biotechnology
    Fakir Mohan University, Balasore &
    Centre for Life Sciences, School of Natural Sciences
    Central University of Jharkhand, Ratu-Lohardaga Road, Brambe, Ranchi
    India

Các file đính kèm:

Đang tải...